Now showing 1-1 of 1 result(s)
FT Class A Route Delivery Driver
White River Junction, VT
Position Summary: Our drivers are essential to our operations. The driver performs the delivery, check-in, and backroom storage of product in accordance with all customer expectations. They also perform sales and merchandising activities in a number of our customers as well. Knowledge and compliance with Department of Transportation and Company Safety Standards is mandatory. Schedule is Monday-Friday!
Company offers competitive benefit package. FT employees are eligible for all benefits including 401k on the 1st of the month following 30 days.
- 3 week's paid time off in the first year
- Health, Dental, & Vision
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- 401(k) with 6% match and profit sharing opportunities
- Enhanced Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance for employee, spouse & children
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate safe driving skills, and be in compliance with all DOT Standards, Policies, and Processes.
- Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
- Pick up credits, place loads in proper freezer area, follow customer procedures, and complete paperwork accordingly.
- Obtain needed Proof of Delivery at every stop.
- Utilize handheld and printer equipment to successfully deliver, and document daily activities. As well as order product at some locations.
- Responsible for updating management on accurate receiving times.
- Responsible for providing high level of customer service, and creating rapport with all customers.
- Adhere to planned routing, and work with management/ logistics manager on route maintenance.
At some customer locations Delivery Drivers are also responsible for:
- Executing promotional plans through best in class in store selling and communication.
- Create, write, enter, and/or process customer orders at some locations.
- Provide best in class merchandising for customers. Ensure sufficient shelf and backroom inventory, rotate product, maintain tags and display signage, perform new item cut-in’s, and place Point of Sale Advertisements.
- Share brand and business results with customers and negotiate plans to improve sales performance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current Class A Commercial Driver's License required.
- Possess a valid DOT Medical Card before employment.
- Must be 21 Years of Age for DOT covered positions.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes early/morning hours, and willing to assist in special unscheduled customer deliveries.
- 1-2 years grocery/retail experience preferred
What's the Scoop